The terms of service outlined below, will govern your use of this website and the services offered by VMCentral PTY Ltd, also referred to as “VMCentral”, “we”, “us” or “our”(ABN 94 167 622 899).
By using this website and its services, you agree to honour the terms the conditions stated herein and indemnify us from all loss, liability, damage, claim and expense you may incur as a result of using our services and website. If you disagree with any of the points below, please do not register as a user.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
Any material and information on VMCentral including graphics, text, images, audio, videos, designs, advertising copy, articles, user interfaces, any and all copyrightable material; trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand elements, whether registered or not are owned, controlled or licensed by or to VMCentral, are protected by intellectual property laws (the “Intellectual Property laws”), including but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade dress, domain name, patent, trade secret, international treaties and other proprietary rights and unfair competition laws. In using the VMCentral Website or the Content, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all applicable Intellectual Property laws, as well as any specific notices contained on the our website. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
These terms of service are likely to be revised periodically and we request you to visit this page each time you visit the website to stay updated.
- You must use our website and products only for lawful purpose and not breach any applicable, local, national or international law or regulation.
- You are responsible for keeping your account information up to date. We are not responsible for unauthorized use of your user name and password and are indemnified from any liability as a result of your account misuse. If you suspect unusual activity, inform us immediately.
- Your account with us is non-transferable. You cannot sell, lease, rent or assign our services in whole or in part to anyone who is not part of our contract.
- If you register multiple accounts with the same billing address, notify us in advance.
- You shall not use our services in any way that is illegal, libellous or in violation of these terms and conditions. Doing so gives us the right to take legal action.
- We have the right to refuse or discontinue our services to anyone without assigning any reason with or without a written notice, preventing your access to our services.
- We are not responsible for any consequences arising from your use of links to third party services on the Internet when you are logged into your account with us.
- You do not have intellectual property rights to our content when you use our services, unless specifically agreed to, and vice versa.
- We will raise a monthly invoice for the services agreed upon. All payments are due within 14 days of issue. Payments not received by the due date will attract additional administration fees and/or suspension.
- All payments are in Australian dollar and we accept all major credit cards. Please make sure you enter the correct details, we are not liable for unauthorized, inaccurate or denied payments.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the services you order meet your needs and that you have the knowledge and expertise required to operate these services. Refunds will only be made if VMCentral fails to provide contracted service.
- Should you want to stop using our services, it is your responsibility to cancel the service directly from Control Panel at least 1 business day in advance, failing which you will continue to be billed.
- VMCentral strictly does not tolerate SPAM. Outbound SMTP is blocked by default. You will need to submit an application to allow outbound SMTP traffic via our support channel. We reserve the right to immediately suspend customer’s access to our services if we, at our sole discretion, believe that customer uses spam, unsolicited emails to promote anything or for any illegal purposes.
- VMCentral will not be deemed responsible for any data loss under any circumstance. All clients are advised to maintain a local up-to-date backup of their data in the event backups are irretrievable for any reason.
- We will attempt to resolve any dispute between you and us via mediation or arbitration rather than litigation. In the event of any controversy or dispute, you and VMCentral agree to try first in good faith to settle the dispute by providing a written notice to the other party by registered mail and allow 4 weeks for the receiving party to respond and/or resolve the issue. You and VMCentral agree that this dispute resolution procedure is mandatory prior to any legal proceedings. All our terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia.
If you have queries and concerns, please get in touch with us:
VMCENTRAL Pty Ltd
Level 1, 218 Whitehorse Rd,
Balwyn VIC 3103
VMCENTRAL Pty Ltd
Level 2, 802 Pacific Highway
Gordon NSW 2072